Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What we have known all along

A friend shared this video with a group I am in and I had to share it with you. It's called Knitting For Your Health and it's done by CBS. It shares a lot of good stuff which we have known or suspected for a very long time, like "Everything old is new again" and "sewing mends the soul." They also share a scientific study done by the Mayo Clinic which proves that memory loss is decreased by 30-50% in people who involve themselves in activities like quilting, knitting, crochet and other sewing activities.

I know for myself that I picked up the hobby a few years ago to improve my mental health. My memory loss was getting so bad. It's still not great but it has improved a great deal in the past 3 years. The repetition of crochet has always been soothing to me and working with the different colors of yarn gives me a creative outlet I really enjoy.

When I found crochet sites on the internet that's when the hobby exploded for me. I am constantly amazed and inspired by all the things I see others have created with the yarns we have available today.

No comments:

Post a Comment