Thursday, September 3, 2009

Pulling Out My Hair


I don't consider myself a designer. I'm more of an improviseur but nevertheless I have converted a couple of knit designs into crochet designs. They are simple designs and if they were not simple I wouldn't have been able to convert them because I do not know knittenese. And if there were more felted bag patterns offered in crochet I wouldn't have had to do it in the first place.
I have been asked to write patterns for several of my designs (do I dare say the word) to share with my fellow crocheters. I never wanted to write a pattern. I enjoy the time crocheting much more but after being asked several times I decided to write a pattern. First pattern was just a coaster pattern. Maybe 5 rounds. O.K. This takes some time but I can do it. The second pattern was a bag. Wow! The competition is fierce and I'm offering these patterns for free. Is it worth the time and the hassel? I don't know.

The picture above was provided by Dorothy Ada, a long time friend who has a great sense of humor.  She was one of my pattern testers and decided to embellish her skull. I thought the picture fitting for the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment